Satisfaction Guaranteed

I had to get your attention somehow...

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Things That Make You Go

Hmmmm.....
I know, terrible. I couldn't help it. Flashback to the early 90's for a sec.
Now that you are back,
There are so many reasons why I shouldn't be awake right now, the least of them being my little jaunt to Manhattan tomorrow. Yes, we are leaving at noon but I am a 9 hours of sleep kinda person. Gonna be fun...

But really now, things about life or myself that I find interesting/weird/bizarre/insert synonym for strange here:

My freakish fascination with red heads. Maybe cause my first boyfriend (if that's what you would call someone in kindergarten who drew you lots of pictures and wrote "I (heart) you alana, love ryan") was a red head. And a good artist. My friend Josh makes fun of me cause I drool when I see Josh Homme from QOTSA. Or Seth Green. Or anyone with remotely red hair it seems. I mention this bit o' trivia cause I met a guy tonight who had shaggy reddish hair and was piss drunk and I still thought he was attractive.

My desire to get the hell outta Kansas mixed with the fact that I could have left anytime in the last 2 years and never did. It might not be that weird to everyone but to my friends and family and anyone else who knows about my wanderlust it is unlike me to stick around one place for long. For godssakes I lived in arguably the most beautiful area in the US in California. Yes, Marin county is hoity-toity and expensive but dammit it was nice. Even Phoenix was fun. But I left my (ex) boyfriend there long ago and I don't really wanna live there again. Too many "wrong" memories.

My inability to commit. I bet I wouldn't feel this bad about not being able to settle down if I could actually find more men that didn't want to commit in whatever way they think they want. I feel bad for my friends who hate their lives because they aren't married with children yet. Pshaw. I think if I do decide I want to get married or whatever, it won't be exciting. I obviously haven't met the person who is gonna help me be excited. And yes, I know it isn't such a strange thing to be this way but every day my surroundings remind of what I "should" have at my age.


The NBA. I mean really people. Can you say b-o-r-i-n-g? I am an avid sports fan and I love college basketball but I cannot stand watching a game where defense is as real as a pro-wrestling match. I will admit that the fight between the loving Pacers and the fans was worth a second look. I just saw a commercial/promo for the Pacers v Timberwolves game with Artest sitting outside the school principals office. Ironic, eh? I wonder if they will pull that spot after the media overplays last night's fiasco.

Call me a corporate whore (no really, I like it when you talk dirty...hehe) but I could survive in a city that solely consisted of:
IKEA, Dave&Busters, P.F. Changs, California Pizza Kitchen, Barnes & Noble, Pizzeria Uno, Cheesecake Factory, Moe's, and Hastings.
That isn't a complete list but just a few of the fine establishments that call me their bitch. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the independent stores but I love me some lettuce wraps and swedish furniture.

Alright, seriously, I'm gonna try to sleep now. Oh, if by some slim chance anyone reads this feel free to leave comments. Yes, I guess I am begging for attention. Enough about me, I wanna know about you!! You are probably far more interesting anyway!
What is your favorite breed of dog?
What music are you listening to right now?

More questions for the audience to come...sleepytime hopfully...*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home