Satisfaction Guaranteed

I had to get your attention somehow...

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Book of the Day Club

I just finished Stranger Than Fiction:True Stories, an interesting read by Chuck Palahniuk. He provides insight into why he wrote some of his other books. I have yet to finish his entire repitoire but I appreciate Fight Club more now than I did in college. Its funny to read the book while the movie is on FX or some other channel. A lot of the movie follows along with the lines in the book. Just a bit of random info. I have plenty more where that came from.

Anyway, I have been reading an average of 1 book every 2 days or so. Needless to say, I have accomplished nothing else to speak of but I waited every day of the last month of college to finally be able to read books...delightfully mind numbing girlie fiction...unbelievably raw Palahniuk and Bukowski...Oprah's book club tomes...New York Times bestsellers that all have the exact same premise and conclusion...
Let's just say, the library is my place of refuge. They rent DVDs for chrissakes!! What more could you ask for?? Ask me how much money I've saved by doing nothing but reading library books and watching library movies...well, I don't know an accurate answer but I bet its a lot.

Of course, in between reading, I seem to have a lot of time to think. Which is not necessarily a good thing. It is probably a bad thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home